Monday, March 2, 2009

{Four years}


A Hug For Grandpa

Charley had her birthday a few weeks ago, she is now *big* and 4. She was super lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa visit...even with Grandma not feeling her best. She loves her presents so much. Thanks for coming to see our little monster carefully open her presents..trying not to rip the paper. tee hee. And Kurt and I were so happy to play Pickleball for your entertainment..and glad grandpa could get in on the action. It was so nice to see you. Hope you are both over the sickness!

Anyway, Charley was so patient all day. We didn't have her cake and presents until after dinner. Cakes always take forever for me to decorate. All she wanted was a cake with a strawberry on top. Then it changed to a cake with a strawberry and with frosting...then a flower cake with pink frosting and a strawberry on top. Well she got what she wanted! It almost didn't make it, but we are glad I was able to pull it off! (small frosting disaster and a house that was way to warm)
I love her face is this shot.... She was so *excidic* (her word) for her cake!

Her daddy bought her two dresses with high heels, she got lots of 'Ariel' toys, a play phone, Igor the movie, a Dora toy, and a dressy coat. She thinks the coat is a dress, and wears it with huge purple fuzzy slippers... makes me laugh out everytime I see it. She is such a classic.
When she was done unwrapping her gifts, she set her head in her arms on the table and just looked at her presents and marveled that they were all 'hers'. She can be so sweet~



A twirly skirt from Grandma L - - - she wears it almost everyday...It already has holes in it!

I can't believe she is 4 years old. It was so much fun having a three year old. I am sure 4 will be just as good...it will just take a while! Preschool in the fall here we come!

5 comments:

Lesa said...

oooh how cute. I love that you were able to capture all of that in photo's. i feel like i was there. i wish i would have been. Your youngest is 4!!! wow. you made it to the place we all dream and hope that someday we will arrive...and then all of the sudden...there.your a great mommy!! I loved the cake.

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

I can't believe that Charley is already 4. Times flies by way too fast! Thanks for your comments on my blog. You know, I think you and Kurt are perfect for each other and of course you're great parents.

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures of Charley's birthday. Her wonder and excitement are adorable. Sorry I was such a sicky dud while I was there.

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday! I love her face over the cake! I wish I got that excited for birthdays!

Jaime Miller said...

LOVE the look of your blog...and that sweet sweet Charley. I just adore that child, she has such sparkle in her eyes. She is so much like her mama!!