Monday, October 6, 2008

Buck Fever Baby!



Yes, the Muzzleloader was a success in terms of tag fulfillment. And
at the expense of this poor Buck. BUT I guess he had to have his
FIRST
kill at some point or another, may as well be on his first hunt. That is a pretty good record!
Anyway, he is extremely excited to have bagged the buck. Then the two boys decided to do a
Euro mount all on their own. Kurt has boiled brain scent infused into his nostril membrane.
He loves his son that much. I wouldn't go near it because I don't love him enough
to smell boiled brain. and because I would have barfed for sure.
The dog liked the smell. She hung out with Kurt all day at his heals, waiting for
a chunk to make it to the floor for her enjoyment. I was just hoping that maybe
if she ate some brains, she would then have some brains of her own.
So far, she still has no brain.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Alisha said...

congrats Jackson, I was dry heaving through the whole brain part. Thank goodness I don't have boys!

eannette said...

This brings back memories . . . The boys would be so excited about hunting that they could hardly sleep the night before. And Jackson's beaming face reminds me of his dad and Grandpa Kent. Evans men are born hunters.

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

Shell, I heard your kids were sick. I hope they are feeling better now. Tell Jacks congrats on the deer. Honestly I am just thankful that we don't have deer hanging in our garage year after year in October. HAHA

Allred Family said...

I am so glad Shawn didn't get anything. Does that make me a bad wife? Way to go Jackson!