Wednesday, March 18, 2009

12 Years Together, and the best is yet to come

So Kurt and I have now officially been married for 12 years... it should be 14, but I will take it! I tried to think of something ultra romantic that a guy would like to do, and came up a little short. Its hard when he is here so little! Anyway, we ended up playing bingo after we had a very good prime rib dinner. But more than that, I just enjoyed spending time with the man. He, however, out did me this year on the romance factor. He wrote me a song, which he recorded and placed on the ipod for me to listen to. SO SWEET!! Its a good song too, made me cry! He hasn't written me a song since we were first married. Needless to say, my gift paled in comparison, a love note with some chocolate covered strawberries. Yeah, I will work on my creativity for next year!! Anyway, I wish I could post the song but that is not my area of expertise. Anyway, I am so happy to have made 12 years... he is amazing. I love his talents and the way he loves his kids. You know how sometimes you don't know how good you have it? Well, I know now. He is the best ever, and I can't wait to live the rest of our lives together. After all, he is my Edward! ;)

all the songs on the new playlist are reminders of the past 12 years with Kurt, I could go on forever in that department, but you know, the playlist songs are limited!!

4 comments:

Lesa said...

I think your relationship w/ your husband, can be your greatest blessing or your biggest nightmare. I am sooo glad and proud of you that you value your marriage so much.Congrats on 12 BIG ONES!!!!

Jaime Miller said...

Awww! How sweet, congratulations on keeping it together so long!! You two really are a neat couple, I am glad that I know ya!!

Alisha said...

so sweet! I hope we weren't there for your anniversary? You guys make a great couple!

Denice said...

Sorry for all the posts...I just copied your blog address off Alisha's. :) Congrats...I still remember your wedding day and how gorgeous and happy you were!