Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Keeping up to date



Also, Charley swallowed a dime on Sunday afternoon and she almost had to be taken to the ER for hyperventillation - I thought she was going to die from screaming her brains out that the 'coin' was stuck in her throat. But I knew her airway was clear because she has an extremely loud scream. She was just freaked out. Anyway, Dr. Kurt looked up what we are supposed to do with them, because she was really panicking and it made us kinda panic...weird she is our last kid and first to swallow a coin... that we know of, hmmmm. turns out if its not choking them, they just let it pass. Well, its been 3 days, and no coin. She thinks its out because the drama of pooping the 'diamond' out that got stuck on her 'knuckle chords' was almost as much of a incident as the swallowing was. this time it involved both Kurt and I holding her hands and 'helping' her get it out, which she just screamed for a half an hour that it was going to hurt. Anyway, I told her it was gone now and she didn't need to worry about it and she did a great job. Now she walks around telling everyone she pooped a diamond. 'Bout time the kid starts paying off!

But seriously, no diamond yet.

5 comments:

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

That is hilarious!

Megan said...

I sure don't want your kind of "diamonds". Such a cute story though!

Jaime Miller said...

I think you should buy her a real diamond to wear around her neck!! When you retrieve that little coin you will have to save it for her forever.

Helen said...

Michelle, I just realized that you are a photographer. I love your images!

eannette said...

Funny story, especially since I found a dime on the restroom floor here at work today. I was afraid to pick it up, wondering where it had been. You're a trooper to take care of things at the fort while Kurt's out of town. I'm coming next week--and hope to see you guys for a little bit. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday night--Kent can't come. I'll call.