Friday, June 19, 2009

H E L L O

Can you even believe I haven't blogged for over a month! I am so ashamed! oh well. Lets see.... since my last post, there have been a few happenings.

#1- ELlie turned 8 on May 18th, she is so lovable I can't stand it. My ellie is so funny, loves to be smart and sassy, loves to stay up late, loves the computer, loves playing with her sisters and brother, often does what she is asked while complaining about it the whole time, and she is a very good singer and dancer. She makes me laugh when she isn't making me roll my eyes. WE ALL LOVE HER TO DEATH!

#2 - Schools OUT
Poor kids ended school and couldn't really party much since the truck only holds 3 people at a time. I thought about doing shifts to the movie, but not sure I wanted to take the time to do such a thing. So they have been very patient waiting for Kurt to decide on a vehicle to purchase...

#3 - Jackson had some surgery.
He is fine, so no one freak out. He simply needed is appendix removed. He was in a lot of pain for a few days, and so the decision was made to take him to the ER one beautiful sunday morning while Kurts sister and her family were in town visiting. Luckily they were there to watch the girls while Kurt and I spent the day in the ER/Surgery waiting for Jackson. He was incredibly brave, and handled it like a champ. I on the other hand cried on various occasions through out the day. It was more the thought of my little bird boy being cut open and tubes in him and the anesthesia affecting him, missing body parts... all of it. He and Kurt were cool jo's the entire time. I just get nervous. I made it through though... after they wheeled him into the recovery room, it was all ok. He has three little scars from the liproscopic incisions, and he only had 3 stitches. The holes, if you will, were help closed by medical tape. I remember having that medical tape on me after the kids were born, and I hated the tape worse than the incision. so I feel his pain. He is all better now, he is a strong kid. We are all super happy nothing major was waiting after the CT. phew.

#4 - we FINALLY bought a suburban. YAY!! The kids love it, there are bucket seats in the middle instead of the bench, so its alot easier for the kids to get in the back. The REALLY enjoy the dvd player and want to watch movies on the way to walmart.. which is sad because its only 1 mile from the driveway. anyway, its black and the newer yet older bodystyle, and isn't perfect, but it has enough seats for us and its not maroon or green so i am perfectly fine with it. we will enjoy being able to do things all together.

#5 - Kurt and I had our annual birthdays. Yes, its true. We get older each year. We were planning on going camping for our bday weekend, BUT there were 'complications' getting our check from Nebo Credit Union. They said they sent it on Thursday, but it didn't arrive until SATURDAY ---- might help if you pay the correct POSTAGE! oi vey. Oh well, we can't all be smart. so we couldn't go camping because we had to wait for the car to get registered and all that jazz. HOpefully soon we can make this summer activity a reality.

#6 - I have changed jobs. I no longer work only nights for about 15-20 hours a week. I have gone Full Time, and work in the jewelry department which i can see becoming a money pit real soon. They have good stuff and its usually pretty cheap.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Lots of changes!! Scary about Jackson but I'm glad everything is ok. I can't believe I'm making the change I am. I hate starting new jobs..oh well I hope it's better.

Denice said...

Poor Jackson! I'm so glad it wasn't something worse!! I'm proud of you for not going the mini-van route! :)

Tamera said...

You HAVE been busy! Congrats on the new to you auto - I'm sure the kids are happy to have everyone able to drive away from the house at the same time, in the same vehicle. Glad Jackson is ok ... he and Maddie are so funny together. I'm glad they have each other, and honestly a little bummed that they are related so I can't tease her about a boyfriend because that's just gross. Hope Kurt had a great Father's Day and that you'll enjoy the new position without owing Kohl's money each payday instead of receiving a paycheck! ;D Love you guys.