Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School

The kids first day of school is tomorrow! They are so excited to go back.... well, sort of. Jackson has told me many times he is not excited, yet he picked out his outfit about a week ago. so funny. And the girls are sad summer is over, but secretly starving for something to do besides chores and take care of Charley! I feel bad that this summer probably really has sucked for my kids. We didn't get to do HALF of what we wanted too... mostly my fault since I started working FT. So, we roll with it, right? Life isn't all about summer... is it? Today I am not so sure. But I know they will do well in school. I love my kids so much for being willing to be alone all summer... wait... what am I saying? What kid wouldn't love to be alone ALL summer with no parental supervision??? Its not as bad as you think... atleast they cant drive. or i am sure there would be days where they went to vegas without me knowing! That is in the very near future. Anyway, just an update of whats happening around here... we are going back to school. I am sad because now I have to pay a preschool/daycare to watch my child. i HATED that when the others were growing up. Kurt will never understand that. Oh well. So - we will get some pictures (hopefully) of the big day... I am not into the photo thing these days! no time. Oh well - it is a goal to atleast get these done!! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your summer days... my tan has more than begun to fade.... :)

4 comments:

Annette said...

It seems like summer is always too short. Tell Jackson that this is Grandpa's 40th year of Back to School in Nebo District. In fact, if you count his public school and college experiences, he's gone back to school 59 times. Wow! We'll look forward to the pictures.

Tamera said...

Olivia and Harrison were excited to go back ... Maddie still has a couple of weeks reprieve. I always feel guilty about the kids being home while I'm at work but I think they like that better than having me work from home! Can't wait to see photos of the kids.

Lesa said...

oh your sooo lucky!! Mine start one wed, I cant wait!!! I will miss my nanny Sam though.

KATE said...

I have to admit I have to kind of laugh at the thought of your kids sneeking AWAY from St. George someday. Maybe someday you'll get a call from their friends parents after spotting their car in an unexpected place.
Kate