Wednesday, May 5, 2010

an inspirational day

I have had a long week already, and its only WEDNESDAY! but no matter what I am in.. how deep are my issues, it seems I have inspiration all around me. I am actually quite grateful for the life I have RIGHT NOW. I don't have more money, I don't have a better car, I don't have less kids (haha. I am kidding), I don't have a better job, I am not less in weight, I haven't made a new friend, but still I find that sometimes I don't have to have those things to just be happy.
I AM HAPPY!

I love getting forwards from my mom on my email. She doesn't know I read them because I never reply to them...no offense. I just read them and move on. I am not all into those sorts of things. But today I read some things I wanted to share. AND I don't usually quote prophets or their wives, thats just who they happened to be sitting in my inbox today. After having a great meeting today with fellow managers, I was inspired to be better at the things which I don't enjoy as much as other things. I enjoy being hands on. I enjoy getting sweaty and feeling my body get tired. I enjoy completion, mostly because I can see it. I move things and they look better in my eyes. simple little things. I DO NOT like being a greeter like the ones at walmart who are there to direct people who walk in their door who mostly don't care if you even look at them. There is a part of my job at work that requires me to be this door greeter of sorts. I am this person almost everyday for the majority of my shift. EXCEPT on the one day a week I get to do what I love about my job as I mentioned up above...
So today I got some feedback at work. I will leave you with quote that inspired me from our meeting.
"Leadership is a choice. NOT a position"

I couldn't agree more. However, that wasn't from the prophet or his wife. These are:


"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

Marjorie Pay Hinckley

SO true! I am not especially religious by any means, but I believe in something. And if there were gates of pearls that embrace heaven, I want to be who I am and be content with the life I am living. That is heaven in a different way for me.


Try a little harder to be a little better

Gordon B. Hinckley

Again, SO true! and SIMPLE!! It just made me smile just to read it after the conversations I have had a work today. I will try a little harder to be a little better. Thank you wise people!

2 comments:

Sorena said...

I love this post!!
Thanks! I love you!!

Annette said...

I'm so happy you're back. You've inspired me to start blogging again too (only not today). I especially loved the Marjorie Hinckley quote. At the young mother's high school (Legacy) they have another of her quotes: "Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a battle." It's actually a paraphrase from Plato, but I think it's really true. Can't wait to see you guys.